Hazel Hawkins Hospital Foundation Scholarship Program
Hazel Hawkins Hospital Foundation has awarded over $175,000 in scholarships since the Program began. Awards are made to local high school graduates and students in higher education pursuing a career in the medical field.
Scholarship Applications are made available annually in January each year and are awarded in May. The Foundation scholarships have been in the range of $1000-$2000. The exact number of scholarships and the amount will be determined each year and will be dependent upon the annual earnings from designated Foundation Scholarship endowment funds and donations.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate, or a graduating senior and have been a resident of San Benito County for a minimum of one continuous year previous to the application date. The residency requirement may be waived for a San Benito Health Care District employee or volunteer.
- Applicant must be seeking education in an accredited institution that would lead to employment in a health care field.
- Applicant must show proof of registration or acceptance by June 1st in an accredited school. Scholarship money will be withheld until such acceptance is shown. An alternate student will be chosen if proof of acceptance/enrollment is not provided.
- Applicant must provide a high school transcript or post-high school record.
- Applicant must provide three references (see Instructions for Submitting Application).
Deadline – April 1, 2018
The completed application including all 3 required letters of recommendation, must be returned and/or POSTMARKED on or before April 1.Apply Now >
Members of the Foundation Scholarship Committee review applications and make their Final selections in May.Apply Now >
Hazel Hawkins Hospital
Please mail or fax your application to:
911 Sunset Drive
Hollister, CA 95023
Fax: (831) 636-2654