ER Healthcare Volunteer
This New Volunteer Program Allows You Hands-on Experience in the Emergency Department.
Working with doctors, nurses and physician assistants, you will gain experience with direct patient care in a busy Emergency Room setting.
Training will be provided in:
- Infection Control
- HIPAA/Privacy Laws
- Patient Lifting/Transfer Techniques
- Professionalism in a medical environment
Requirement for Participation
- Must be 16 years or older (Anyone under 18 must have parental consent)
- All applicants will go through an interview process for selection
- Applicants 18 years and older will undergo a background check
- Must pass a physical exam and health screening provided by HHMH
- Commit to 80 volunteer hours per year. (These hours are self-scheduled; volunteer when your schedule permits.)
Become an ER Volunteer
To learn if ER volunteering at HHMH is right for you, contact the ER Director, Shanell Kirkes, at 831-636-2678.
To apply, fill out an online application or download the PDF and mail the completed form to:
Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital
Attn: Shanell Kirkes, Emergency Department Director
911 Sunset Drive
Hollister, CA 95023